Here is some fun and interesting stuff to start you off.
What kind of impact do you make?
What's an ecological footprint?
How many Earth's would it take to support your habits? Find out here.
What can you do?
Well, there is plenty you can do. Here is some stuff that I try to do.
- Don't litter.
- Use energy saving compact fluorescent light bulbs.
- Turn off the lights when you aren't in the room.
- Have an appliance you only use every once in a while? Why not unplug it until you need it. Even when turned off most plugged-in appliances are still energy munchers.
- Going to the store? See if any of your friends would like to carpool.
- Use the environmentally friendly bags while you are there. They are reusable, eco-friendly, and don't make that anoying rustling sound.
- Walk when you can. I know it's cold out right now, but do you really need to drive two blocks?
- Don't you hate it when your nice clothes shrink or fade out in the dryer? Why not air dry those nice clothes? You can find drying racks that are pretty inexpensive. Then you can probably fit another load of wash in the dryer with your first and save yourself some change!
- Get Informed!
- Stay Informed!